Named World’s Best Convention Centre 2016-2018, by the International Association of Congress Centres (AIPC), Brisbane Convention & Exhibition Centre (BCEC) brings unmatched capability and a unique depth of industry skills to offer a Next Level experience.
Considered Australia’s most flexible meetings and events venue, BCEC provides unprecedented choice for events of every size, with three stand-alone tiered auditoria able to accommodate from 400 to 4000 and more than 40 meetings and event spaces.
Located at the very centre of Brisbane’s Knowledge Corridor, BCEC is surrounded by universities, world leading research institutes and key hospitals.
BCEC sits at the heart of Brisbane’s bustling South Bank cultural and entertainment precinct, home to art galleries, world class performing arts and the city’s most popular riverside dining destination. The South Bank Precinct is home to a number of quality accommodation options, with the recent opening of new hotels bringing the total to 916 hotel rooms within walking distance of BCEC.
There are three major hotels located adjacent to the Centre. There are 72 hotels within four kilometres and easy walking distance of the Convention Centre.
Winner of 71 catering awards including being judged Australia's Best Function Centre Caterer on three occasions. Brisbane Convention & Exhibition Centre enjoys an outstanding reputation for its highly acclaimed world class catering.
With 24 years venue experience, more than 21,000 events of all types and one of the biggest equipment inventories in Australia, there is no challenge that the Centre's expert Audio Visual and IT professionals have not tackled.
BCEC is the first convention centre in Australia to offer clients a new dimension in presentation vision - a new 27m x 4m curved projection screen for a fully immersive visual experience.
The innovative flexibility of the new screen offers clients the option of using the screen three ways – curved, straight or rear project.
The new screen is an addition to the Centre’s big screen inventory consisting of 20m x 5m and 12m x4m screens as well as the recently acquired 4 Christie 20k projectors to complement our existing projector range.
* Winner of AIPC Apex Award for 'World's Best Performing Convention Centre' (July 2016-2018)
* 177 major industry awards
* 71 catering awards including being judged Australia's Best Function Centre Caterer on three occasions.
* Winner MEA 2018 National Award – Best Meeting Venue Over 500 People
* Winner MEA 2018 State Award – Best Meeting Venue Over 500 People
* Winner MEA 2018 State Award – Banquet and Catering
* Winner Australian Restaurant Challenge 2018 – Gold Award
* Lord Mayor’s Business Awards 2016 – Energex Award for Sustainability in Business
* EarthCheck Gold accreditation, AIPC Gold certification and AEG 1Earth partnership
The Centre is a transport hub for trains, buses and the city's high speed CityCats and provides undercover parking for 1500 vehicles with direct access to the convention and exhibition facilities.