Set in the heart of the Maldives archipelago in the Indian Ocean, Banyan Tree Maldives Vabbinfaru promises unequalled magic, unobtrusive service, and an exclusive hideaway that has become synonymous with the Banyan Tree name. A Marine Biology Lab on the island is the first of its kind to be funded and built by a private resort. Guests can join specially trained in-house divers to monitor programmes such as reef and species inventory checks. The laboratory is equipped with instruments for research into coral spawning, settlement and transplantation, Green Sea Turtle and Reef Shark Conservation. The house reef is ideal for snorkelling straight off the beach; rays and fish are fed nightly off the pier.
Situated on the North Male Atoll, Banyan Tree Maldives Vabbinfaru is only 20 minutes from the Male Airport, via speedboat (available 24 hours)
Encircled by a white powdery beach, 48 elegant villas are nestled on a coral atoll in the India Ocean.
Every villa has one bedroom with an open terrace, landscaped garden and a private sundeck. Villa features include a recessed sitting area, king-sized four poster bed, step-down shower, air-conditioning, mini-bar, in-villa safe, landscaped walled garden, outdoor terrace, coffee and tea making facilities, hairdryer, bathrobes, hot and cold fresh water shower and IDD telephone.
For families or small groups, the Vabbinfaru Villa is recommended, with newly designed bedroom, outdoor shower, outdoor terrace and an extended sala in front of the villa. There is the choice of two or three interconnecting villas complemented by a Jet-Pool in the garden.
- Ilaafathi Restaurant serves buffet breakfast and set dinner in an informal setting overlooking the Indian Ocean
- Naiboli Bar provides thirst quenching cocktails and tasty snacks all day
- Private Dining is available by the beach or at the intimacy of your villa with you very own private chef and waiter
- Sandbank Dining allows you to dine romantically with a breathtaking view of the sun setting and revealing the magical night sky of a billion stars. Retreat to a Rajasthan tent after dinner for a romantic night out on the beach, with the gentle sounds of the lapping waves as background music.
- PADI Dive Centre with watersports facilities including snorkeling, deep sea fishing, night fishing, canoeing, water skiing, windsurfing, catamaran, sea plane excursions and fun-tubes.
- Volleyball, table tennis, snooker and badminton
- TV room, reading area and board games
- Health Club
- Excursions: Male Sightseeing and Private Yacht Charter
- Banyan Tree Spa provides an extensive range of massage, body and beauty treatments.
- Banyan Tree Gallery is a lifestyle gallery showcasing indigenous arts and crafts.
Meeting / Conference Room setup can be arranged in the villa to hold up to 12 persons - suitable for small executive meeting groups.
- Best Overseas Resort (17th) 2006
- Hotel Spas, Africa, Middle East & Indian Ocean (11th) 2006