Set amidst a beautiful environment of native bush, the Rainbow Springs Nature Park has plenty to see, all in one superb location;
- Gaze into crystal clear spring water pools full of trout including Rainbow, Brown, Tiger and Brook Char.
- See New Zealand’s national icon, the kiwi (feathered variety!) on display in our nocturnal house – a must-see when visiting Aotearoa.
- Check out our outstanding static kiwi display where you can learn about kiwi and Rainbow Springs’ involvement in “Operation Nest Egg”, a kiwi conservation programme.
- Stroll among native plants and trees, learn about there uses and characteristics.
- Go back in time and see New Zealand’s ancient ‘dinosaur’, the tuatara. Rainbow Springs has both adult and juvenile Tuatara on display, the only place in Rotorua to see these living fossils.
- Walk among a wide range of New Zealand’s endangered native birds in free flight aviaries where you’ll come face to face with kaka, kea, kereru, kakariki, weka.
Attractions & Tours
facebook twitter linkedin
© EventConnect 2003 - 2019 all rights reserved