Banyan Tree Ringha imparts a unique sense of place to its guests, through Banyan Tree’s cultural and environmental initiatives. The resort is made of authentic Tibetan farmhouses that were personally selected and purchased by the hotel group, taken down and reconstructed in the traditional style of meticulously piling the logs one on top of another in a new site at Ringha Valley. This ensured that no newly cut timber were required, while the original character of the dwellings were kept intact.
Banyan Tree Ringha is located in Jian Tang Town, in the heart of Shangri-La, Yunnan, China. Perched 3,200 meters above sea level, its surrounding and undulating landscape is an alluring magnet for those seeking a truly unique travel experience in a frontier destination. Each season brings with its own natural rhythms and kaleidoscope of colours.
- Take a plane to Kunming International Airport, followed by an internal 50 minute flight to Diqing Airport in Shangri-La. The hotel is a scenic 40 minute car ride from Diqing Shangri-La Airport
- Diqing Airport has weekly flights to Lhasa, Tibet.
The secluded hideaway offers 32 suites and lodges. Each features a smoky fireplace, wooden balcony that offers unparalleled valley or river views and handcrafted wooden bathtub. Every suite and Lodge features a wooden balcony and private terrace. The accommodations are created from authentic Tibetan farmhouses that have been relocated log by log to retain its original character.
Amenities include IDD telephone, TV with international channels, room safe, hair dryer, bathrobes, mini bar, coffee and tea making facilities.
- Llamo Restaurant has an all-day dining menu of Tibetan and Western cuisine
- Jakhang Lobby Lounge is a tea lounge at the lobby area that offers a wide choice of traditional Chinese brews
- Chang-Sa serves hot pots, steamboats and snacks
- The award-winning Banyan Tree Spa features three standard, double treatment rooms and two deluxe treatment rooms with spa baths and showers. The spa provides an outstanding selection of signature Banyan Tree Spa treatments with new spa massages and Himalayan techniques, such as the Gui Shi Hot Stones treatment and the relaxing Ringha massage. It has also developed several treatments to help guests ease their muscle aches after strenuous trekking.
- Banyan Tree Gallery, a lifestyle gallery showcasing unique Tibetan-inspired souvenirs.
- Library equipped with books, telescopes and maps
- Trekking adventures
Inspired by the native Tibetan culture and magnificent landscape, Banyan Tree Ringha is an exhilarating location to conduct business meetingsd and professional gatherings. Perched high on the remote rooftop of the world, this extraordinary meeting room is the gateway for conducive business sessions, followed by bonding sessions over nature treks and spiritual excursions.
World 101 Most Fabulous Suites and Villas 2006
Silver award for the Hotel/Resort Brochure category 2006
Bronze award for Travel/Destination Brochure category 2006
Bronze award for Travel Photograph – People category 2006
The Luxe List 2006 2006
Design For Asia Grand Award 2006
Best Suite Design 2006
Best Hotel Design 2006
Tatler Hotel of the Year 2007 2006